In May, 235,400 unemployed jobseekers
At the end of May, a total of 235,400 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices and municipalities participating in the local government pilots on employment. This is 65,800 fewer than a year earlier, and 3,400 fewer than the previous month. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 8.9% of the labour force, which is 2.5 percentage points less than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of all jobseekers decreased by 134,300
- The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 65,800 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off decreased by 29,200
- Services included in the activation rate had 800 less people than a year ago
- 30,800 more new job vacancies compared to the previous year