The share of the unemployed jobseekers 6,1 % for ELY is the lowest in the mainland Finland
A total of 7 011 unemployed jobseekers were registered at Employment and Economic Development Office in Ostrobothnia at the end of August. This is 392 less than a year earlier. The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 1 825 from the previous month. The share of the unemployed jobseekers out of the labour force is now the lowest (6,1 %) in the mainland Finland together with the ELY Centre for South Ostrobothnia. In the whole country the respective share out of the labour force is 8,9 %.
Compared with July the share of the unemployed jobseekers out of the labour force decreased in the area of ELY Centre for Ostrobothnia by 1,4 % and in the whole country by 1,3 %. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- The unemployment is still decreasing in the area of ELY Centre for Ostrobothnia: the amount of the unemployed jobseekers decreased by 5,3 % compared with the year before.
- The amount of people who were laid off full-time increased by 9,3 % compared with August last year.
- Unemployment among young people is still decreasing. The share of unemployed under 25 years was 11,5 % less than a year earlier.
- The long-term unemployment decreases. The amount of persons who have been unemployed for over two years is also decreasing.
- Under the summer the amount of open vacancies began to decrease, but now it has stopped. The number of new open vacancies was in August 2,1 % more than the year before.
- The number of people in employment-promoting services is decreasing. In the end of August the amount of participants was in total 4 393 persons.