The unemployment decreased in August in the area of ELY Centre for Ostrobothnia to the same level as before corona pandemic
A total of 7 390 unemployed jobseekers were registered in the area of ELY Centre for Ostrobothnia at the end of August. This is 3 104 less than the previous year. The amount of unemployed were in August 2 216 less than the previous month.
The share of the unemployed jobseekers out of the labour force in the area of ELY Centre for Ostrobothnia is the second lowest (6,5 %) in the mainland Finland. In the whole country the respective share out of the labour force is 10,7 %. Compared with July the unemployment rate decreased by 2,0 % in the area of ELY Centre for Ostrobothnia and by 1,6 % in the whole country. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- The amount of unemployed in the area of ELY Centre for Ostrobothnia was in August 3 104 less (- 29,6 %) than the previous year.
- The amount of fulltime laid-off was 540 i.e. 2 026 less than the previous year (- 79,0 %).
- Also, the youth unemployment rate decreased compared with the situation the year before. The amount of unemployed people under 25 years was 504 less compared with the year before (- 36,4 %).
- The amount of long-term unemployed increased by 484 persons compared with the year before (+ 23,3 %).
- The number of new open vacancies in August was 978 more (+ 56,8 %) than the previous year.
- The number of people in employment-promoting services increased compared with the year before. In the end of August the amount of participants in services was in total 4 144 persons.