387,500 unemployed jobseekers in July
A total of 387,500 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices at the end of July; an increase of 118,500 from the previous year. The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 29,400 from the previous month. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 14.7% of the labour force, which is 4.5 percentage points more than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of jobseekers increased by 171,000
- The number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 119,000 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off increased by 71,000
- Services included in the activation rate had 7,000 less people than a year ago
- The number of new job vacancies decreased by 6,000 from last year