252,700 unemployed jobseekers in November
At the end of November, a total of 252,700 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices and municipalities participating in the local government pilots on employment. This is 61,800 less than a year earlier, but 24,100 more than in November two years ago. The number of unemployed jobseekers was down by 6,300 from the previous month. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 9.6% of the labour force, which is 2.4 percentage points less than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of all jobseekers decreased by 94,100
- The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 61,800 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off decreased by 39,300
- Services included in the activation rate had 5,200 less people than a year ago
- 43,700 more new job vacancies compared to last year