In May, 432,700 unemployed jobseekers
A total of 432,700 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices at the end of May. This is 206,200 more than a year earlier. The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 400 from the previous month. Measures to slow down the spread of coronavirus have increased the number of lay-offs. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 16.5% of the labour force, which is 7.9 percentage points more than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of jobseekers increased by 244,000
- The number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 206,000 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off was up 150,000.
- Services included in the activation rate had 18,000 less people than a year ago
- 21,000 new job vacancies fewer than last year